1. What is the one aspect of your feminine routine you simply couldn't do without and why? Lotion -- I MUST have lotion. My skin dries out with the slightest change in temperature.
2. Mim or Mom, who influenced you more? Why?
Hard to say, really. Both were instrumental in raising me to be myself. What self-esteem I have about my looks comes straight from Min and Mamu (her sister, my grandmother), who never hesitated to tell me that I was beautiful and, sometimes more importantly, that I "had it" and that it was ok to "flaunt it." A lot of my fearlessness came from Min and Mamu (I don't talk about her as much, as her death is still very rough for me sometimes), as well; I am still in awe of things they did when they were young, things that women just didn't do in those days.
Mom is more complicated. Lots of "do as I say and not as I do." More fearlessness comes from mom, more from word than from deed. My appreciation of girlfriends and girl time is all Mom. My love of going dancing and of generally not giving a flying fuck about what other people think, especially when I am with my girlfriends -- more Mom. But she influenced also by her actions that I didn't like, such as her inability to speak against or really back to her "man." I saw early how that DID NOT work, so I fought against being that way, oftentimes swinging the pendulum way too far in the other direction, much to the chagrin of men I was involved with, I am sure. There are things about my Mom that I love and admire, and there are other things that have the "I will NEVER be like that" taint. It's rough.
Quantity-wise, my mother is by far the bigger influence. QUality-wise, it's split pretty evenly.
3. Of all the music your husband sings, what is the one song you love more than anything? What song would you LOVE to hear him sing that he won't?
Oddly, I don't have a particular favorite that he sings, mainly because my taste in music is pretty obscure and therefore not stuff conducive to a cover band. I love what he plays for me more than what he sings, though I do love his voice. But he will learn little bits of guitar in songs I like and then surprise me. I love that.
4. If there were to be no more horror movies ever made, and they were to destroy all previous horror movies but one, what should that movie be and why?
The Haunting -- the original. It is chilling and absolutely effective, B&W, and not a drop of blood.
I would also like to recommend that all horror films containing spiders be the first up for destruction.
5. What is it that you have taken from your Italian heritage that influences you the most and why?
Cooking, storytelling, and my big mouth. Because I love them all, even when they get me in trouble. I am an excellent cook, a damn good storyteller, and I am not afraid to speak my mind, regardless of how much trouble it causes.